Recommended Purchase 4 out of 5
Where to buy now
What is Echo Spot?
Echo Spot brings you everything you love about Alexa, in a stylish and compact design that can show you things. Just ask to see the weather, get the news with a video flash briefing, set an alarm, see lyrics with Amazon Music, see your calendar, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. Personalize your Spot with a collection of clock faces to suit your style or set a photo background from Prime Photos. Plus, make calls to friends and family or make video calls to anyone with an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App.
Echo Spot features 2nd generation far-field technology with four microphones, beamforming technology, and enhanced noise cancellation, so it can hear you from across the room—even while music is playing. If you have more than one Echo, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you’re closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Designed for any room
Echo Spot is small and compact, and fits easily into any room of your home. The compact size and viewing angle of the screen make Echo Spot ideal for use on a nightstand or desk as a smart alarm clock that can also turn your lights on and off, show your commute time, get the weather, or show your calendar. Or use Spot in the kitchen to easily set and see timers, call friends and family, see shopping and to do lists, and more.
Echo Spot can connect directly to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable or Bluetooth to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room or den. Plus, with multi-room music, play your favorites throughout your home across multiple Echo devices (Spotify and Sirius XM coming soon, Bluetooth not supported for multi-room music).
Info at a glance
For news and information you can see and hear, just ask Alexa for your video flash briefing from CNN, Bloomberg, and more. Curious about the latest movie trailers or showtimes? Just ask.
Echo Spot helps keep you organized at home. Start a timer in the kitchen and watch as it counts down, or easily see and manage your family’s calendar. Sign in to the Alexa App to take your to-do and shopping lists with you. Just add an item to the list from home, and whoever is out shopping will see it added instantly on their Alexa App.
Voice control your music
Echo Spot provides hands-free voice control for your music. Watch as the display comes alive to show song lyrics, custom stations, curated playlists, and album art with Amazon Music. Listen to tens of millions of songs with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Echo Spot also connects to Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn—giving you voice control for all of your music. Echo Spot is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like Apple Music from your phone or tablet.
Control your smart home
Use Echo Spot to see a live camera feed from the nursery or your front door. Turn on the fan or dim the lights from the couch—all without lifting a finger. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed.
Echo Spot works with smart home devices such as cameras, lights, TVs, fans, thermostats, garages, sprinklers, and more.
Be together more
Make hands-free voice calls to almost anyone, or video calls to friends and family who have an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. Use the Drop In feature when you want to connect instantly with other compatible Echo devices in your home. For example, you can drop in to ask what time dinner will be ready, see the baby’s nursery, or check in with a close relative. With Alexa Announcements you can also use Echo Spot to broadcast a quick, one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say, “Alexa, call Mom”, Alexa will call your mom, even if you have multiple users in your home. With the Alexa App, conversations and contacts go where you go. When you’re away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo.
Alexa has skills
Echo Spot can use tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills add even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino’s, requesting a ride from Uber, tracking your fitness with Fitbit, controlling your TV with Dish, and more. To enable new skills, just ask Alexa.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App.
Always getting smarter
Alexa is always getting smarter—the more you use Echo Spot, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Spot is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
Just in the last few months we’ve added Alexa calling and messaging, multi-room music, and reminders, along with skills from third-party developers.
- Echo Spot is designed to fit anywhere in your home. Use 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch video flash briefings, see music lyrics, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free-just ask.
- Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, control smart home, and more
- Just ask to play a song, artist, or genre, and see lyrics with Amazon Music. Also, stream music and books from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Audible.
- Use the built-in speaker or connect to speakers through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable. With multi-room music, you can play music on your Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ask Alexa to turn on your lights, show baby monitors and front door cameras, and lock your doors. Plus, control your thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more.
- Call almost anyone hands-free, or make video calls to family and friends with an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. Instantly connect to other Echo devices around your home.
- With tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.